You know what comes to my mind whenever I see someone doing the moonwalk? "Michael Jackson".
Now, I'd have to say, "The Late Michael Jackson".
I was sitting with my daily cup of morning tea when I heard the TV buzzing with the news of the sad demise of the "King of Pop" due to a cardiac arrest. Every newschannel seemed to broadcast only this one news, showing his million fans devestated and shocked.
I'm not really a fan of Michael Jackson although I do like a few of his songs like 'Thriller', 'We are the World', 'Heal the World','Earth Song', 'they dont really care about us' and my favourite 'Black or White'.
His songs were not only "music" to the ears but they also spread a message to the world.
To think of him dying at a young age is a tragic loss to this world and the pop genre. But when I look back, I cant help but think that this was to come, with the news of his health and the gaunt and pale look on his face.
Michael Jackson was equivalent to what Elvis Presley was in his era.
He's given a platform and been an insipiration to various pop artists of recent times like Chris Brown, Usher, Black Eyed Peas etc and even the youth. If there was one word to be used for his dance moves, it would be "electrifying".
He was a person bursting with enthusiasm and energy which clearly showed in his music and his dance. In short, he was one of a kind.
His endless love for children has given life to so many of them. He has also given his support to many other social causes but the charges pressed on him for molesting a child which were later cleared, the shocking video footage of him dangling his child from the balcony did put some dark spots on his character but he still received the unending support from his million of fans all over the world.
It's very sad to think of all fans who would have to cancel their trip to his so-called comeback concert to have taken place this July end but he will always remain in our hearts forever.
RIP MJ.
One thing that gets missed most time is he has done some really awesome rock songs - Give in to me, Dirty Diana - if only they weren't in his voice !
ReplyDeleteThough didn't care for his music much, appreciate his accomplishments ! RIP
-- g
Nice epilogue. Keep writing whenever you get time.
ReplyDeleteT
Good to know ur writing your own opinions on world events……:)
ReplyDeleteGald to know ur into this…keep it going!
Btw I like the songs : Heal the world (This was not a solo, it was a confluence of all famous singers coming together for a cause), History, We are the world, Blak or White. All classic & period songs…:)
A