Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Welcome Home!!!

(My first shot at poetry... :) )

She welcomed me with arms wide open
and a smile on her face,
But all I wanted was,
to be the last one in this race.
I could scarcely see her in the brightly lit dome,
But her voice rang in my ear,
"Welcome home,welcome home."
I swore under my breath,
did she mean a home away from home,
A place where all I could do,was only moan?
When can I go back I screamed with rage,
but all she did was smile gently like a sage
I sobbed and fell down to my knee,
when she said,"Everything has a lifespan,
after which it is of no use."
"Well your time has come and may your soul rest in peace."
She was right,
I had spent a wonderful life full of spice,
so I ran into her arms
untill the bright light could no longer blind my eyes.


6 comments:

  1. Hey...lovely poetry...its not as amateurish as you think it to be...its a good shot for a first shot! :) Go on buddy! We want to see more of these!!
    -A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good; albeit a bit on the dark side :) and stop being apologetic !! (the thing you say about "amateurish" etc... Its your writing; people like it, good; if not, still good...

    keep writing,

    - g

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good one... continue to explore your writing skills.. would love to read more..
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good one, it doesn't look like your first one.would like read more of these.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. g-Yeah it is a bit dark...:)but i've realised that it seems to be my fav topic, most of the times...:)

    ReplyDelete